Monday, January 12, 2009

My latest Purchase








I am super excited about this. My friend Suzan over at ThriftycollageArtist put together this amazing art doll. It reminds me of the toys over at Sid's house on Toy Story. I don't know how long she had it up on her blog, but as soon as I saw it, I wanted it to be mine all mine!! And so it shall be!! I will be taking a class with Michael DeMeng in May at Art and Soul Asilomar, called "The Isle of Demented Toys", and if I am lucky, my piece will look half this great. It's like 15 inches tall, and uses parts of an old desk lamp, and is decorated all the way around. i love the head, and what looks to be the spine! OMGosh, I can't wait.

5 comments:

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

Heheheh..Thanks Carrie! You can take it and show Micheal Demeng...LOL..

Name: Roberta said...

THIS IS WONDERFUL!! I absolutely LOVE it too!! I have a lot of treasures I am hoping to put together like this as well. I saw that Michael has that class, and like his altered toys too. If I had the time and the $$$ I would love to take his class. Suzan's art and blog are fantastic too, I'm adding it to my favorites here!!

nikki said...

it does look like something in sids room from toy story!! haha...i love this piece....what really strikes my eye though is the "spine" on it....im sure you'll do a wonderful job at creating a piece of your own like this!!!

Christy said...

I watched Suzan's posting of her progress on this little beauty. Congrats on the purchase!

Unknown said...

love it and i'm SURE you'll love taking MdM's class at Asilomar...

have fun and congrats on your FAB purchase!

xoxo
jul