Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Direction I go



This is a 24" x 24", acrylic and ink on panel board. I am really happy with the background colors, I think they came out really cool. The oak tree literally took 4 hours to draw with a micron pen, and then again over it with a sharpie paint pen. The compass is a combination, compass rose and a sun. I couldn't find a stamp I liked that was big enough, so I carved my own, and then added the smaller compass stamp right in the center.
So all of these things point to the direction that I go. The heart, the Jesus fish, the oak tree, the words on the house and the compass/sun. Or Son, if you will. I will be showing this piece next month, and several times during the process, I had thoughts of "don't make it all religious, people might not like/buy it" More than once I had to quiet the enemy as he tried to get me to conform to this world. And, honestly I wasn't even going in that direction at the time. But as it progressed, I knew where it was going, and I am really happy with how it turned out.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie I love this new piece! Debbie