Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am Officially a Published Artist




I got the best email today!! I submitted some pieces to Somerset a few months back, and never thought about it again. (I have submitted so many things, it's just easier to be surprised than to anticipate anything.) WELL TODAY I WAS SURPRISED! I received an email a last week saying they needed to see the artwork in person, so I sent it off, and I got the news today that I will be published in the Jan/Feb 2009 issue of Somerset Memories. Wow!! I am so excited I can't believe it. When I began this journey a couple years ago, I had three goals: (1)Have someone like my work enough to buy it. (2) Have a piece of my work shown in an exhibit, and (3) to be published. As of today, I have achieved all three!! Time to set some new goals. I am not showing the pieces here until they are published. (Apparently that's kind of an unwritten rule....who knew!)
So, not wanting to leave ya'll with nothing to look at.....here is a favorite from a couple of journals ago. Pretty funny how I picked this, when the title is "Why Me?" ('Cause God wanted to bless me I guess!!)

5 comments:

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

CONGRATULATIONS CARRIE!!!!!! THAT IS FABULOUS!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Big Hugs!!
Your friend in publication (hehehehe)--Suzan Buckner

Inspired... Art by Dana said...

Way to go my friend! It's about time they recognize your awesome talent. So happy for you. Woo Hoo!

Name: Roberta said...

HOW WONDERFUL!!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations, you deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to get my hands on that issue! Will you sign it? : )
Jess

Cathy said...

congratulations! too cool!