Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Definition of..................

Art is defined as :" The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form, such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power"

"Art is"  24"x24" mixed media on wood
First of all, I know that my skill and imagination does not come from me. Meaning, my "human creative skill" is not human at all, and my imagination can only grow as big as the cage that contains it. The cage is the world, the doubt, the self awareness, that sometimes, isn't very aware, and the rest of the crap that gets in the way.
When I pray for inspiration, and God shows me exactly what I've asked for, it's my job to remove all that human-ness that keeps it from being what He would have it be.  That is Art......to me.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Great definition. I agree with you...love your page...

Jodene Shaw said...

love this, carrie!

Daniele Valois said...

I love this piece sooo much!