Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just how far...............


One of my favorite songs is from Casting Crowns, East to West. It speaks of feeling those human emotions that tell us we are just one mistake away from God leaving us, I mean, really who could love ME that much?? I love how it talks about not being able to bear ,having the person I used to be, come rising up in me again, and about where we find rest: in the arms of His mercy.
I can remember being a new Christian, and I couldn't understand what "a season" was, and nobody could tell me. Was it a week, a month a year?? I could not grasp the concept . I get it now. Another thing I didn't totally understand, was His forgiveness. Really??? Forever?? Never to be brought up again, like completely forgotten? Wow! That's awesome. Ok, but wait....that means I can just keep doing whatever, and as long as I ask forgiveness, I'm cool, right?? Well, I learned NO on that one, right before I was told to look up the scripture about not doing exactly that.So the concept if this song: That forgiveness truly is as far as the east is from the west. From one scarred hand to the other! That's how big His grace is for me> Good thing!!

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Thanks, Carrie! I love being reminded of this time and again!!

peggy gatto said...

Follow your heart and when you reach out to others that is your gift!

Inspired... Art by Dana said...

Love it and Love God's grace,cause we all need it.

Mary said...

Carrie, this is beautiful!!