Thursday, November 27, 2008

Behaving Myself


One of my all time favorite quotes is by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, who said "Well behaved women rarely make history". Now I know this quote was referring to women's suffrage, but I think it goes so much deeper than that. I prefer to tweak the context to fit what I do in my life. I spent many years "not" behaving myself, literally. And now, my behavior, (well or otherwise) is a whole lot different. I believe that in friendships, in faith, in business, and in art; to always go with what society considers "well behaved" is not enough. Not only is it not enough, it is a disservice. I want to be the one who goes beyond, to step outside of the ordinary and to show my individuality, my beliefs and my creativity. I want to make my own history, and I would love it if you all would come along for the ride.

22"x 30" mixed media collage on Fabriano hot press

No comments: