Friday, January 7, 2011

Long December and the Year in Review

Well would you look at that....not one blog post in the month of December.  And what would I attribute that to?? One word.....LAZY!! Once the turkey leftovers were gone from Thanksgiving, it seemed like just a hop, skip and a jump to the crazy of Christmas.  Christmas was great, but I'm not gonna lie.....I am always excited to put away the physical part of the holiday every year.  I enjoy the retelling of the season and the reasons behind it, but I am not one of those that suffers from post holiday blues.  No sireee, not me!!
The constant packing on of pounds, that forces the air from my lungs on those long walk from my parking spot to the mall doors.  The ever present panic of "should I have bought a present for them" and the depletion of my bank account.  Nope, not sad at all.

So let's recap the amazing year that was 2010.
The company was in some major financial trouble...things didn't look good.....  Bad
We had more lawsuits (albeit mostly bogus) than we had jobs going.......Really Bad
I spent the first three months studying for my Contractors License........ Boring
I was published twice in Art Journaling magazine......amazingly good
I went to Art&Soul and Journalfest........awesome
My boy got straight A's the entire year....so proud
I lost 11 pounds and 9 inches......and gained it all back by Christmas....sucked
I got a new Canon Rebel camera for my birthday that is fabulous.....fabulous
I passed my Contractors exam the first time.......freaking awesome
We were awarded the job that would pull us out of the hole were were in...totally God's blessing
We completely paid off that hole we were in.....More of God's blessings
I lost 11 pounds and 9 inches...............oh wait, I already said that....yeah, it bothers me that much
Hubby and I consistently worked on our marriage through out the year.....Amazing
We taught the boy to snowboard and he loves it and is good at it.....that rocks
So basically it was up and down, but through the entire year, God has continually showed up in our lives and blessed our socks off.  So much that we were able to pass some of those financial blessings along.  But that is not for us to boast.....it's been all GOD!!!!
So now it is the first week of January, and I haven't made a whole lot of new art.  I have parked my butt on the couch a whole lot and watched tv and hung out with the family.  That's good. awesome!!
Here are pages from the 2011 Art Journaling that was published this week.  I love the journal they chose for this one.  It's one of my favorites.  Happy New Year Everyone!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations on being published; that is wonderful......

I so enjoyed reading your newsy post and so glad you were blessed so abundantly during the year...Don't we serve an awesome God?

I look forward to seeing lots of art this coming year.....I really like your style....

Hugs

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Carrie, your journal pages are beautiful. I can't decide which one I like better, the crow or the one about making the right choice, but they're all lovely. You are so talented! Look forward to seeing what you create in 2011.

Kelly said...

Absolutely congratulations! What a great thing to celebrate! Looks like a great year for you as well! God is so good! I can't wait to get my hands on the new Magazine, it's my favorite!

Weathered & Worn said...

Congrats on your publication. Your Blog has a graet look, love the back ground.