Friday, November 5, 2010

Journalfest 2010

Where do I even begin with Journalfest?  I have wanted to go for awhile now, and I even looked at going to Artfest, but it just seemed really overwhelming to me.  Journalfest seemed smaller, the choices not as varied. Plus the whole retreat was called "JOURNALFEST", and since that is my gig, I figured these would be my people, my village, folks who understand the need to sit for hours writing and journaling in a book, without ever saying a word.  They would GET me!!!....these conditions seemed perfect.



 And perfect they were!! Journalfest was such an amazing experience. From the location: Ft. Worden in Port Townsend, WA; the activities: bonfire, journal party, vendor fair and masquerade ball; my classes: Ingrid Dijikers Humanis journal, Dan Essig Appalachian Ethiopian journal, and Lisa Cheney Jorgensen "Learning to See" sketch and watercolor!! All were amazing, all were exactly what I thought they would be, and all fed a little piece of me. The food was great, the company better, and out Hosts, Teesha and Tracy Moore, (and crew) went above and beyond!







 I will definitely be back next year....no question!!

I did spend every minute that I was not either in class, eating or sleeping: taking pictures. The grounds are beautiful, and I really enjoyed exploring through the lens of my camera.












My favorite class was the sketch class.  Lisa was amazing, and she gave me an incredible gift.  With the  amount of confidence she gave me in sketching a blank page, I can now journal without having to make sure I have pages prepped at all times.  Plus, I have signed up for the Sketchbook project, and I have started to actually sketch in that book.
Attached are the best of the photos I took, and my favorite journal pages. 
Goodbye Journalfest, I will miss you.  But I will see you again next year

4 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

finding your tribe: priceless

So glad you had fun!!

Art After Midnight said...

Awwwwesome post. That deer is sooo close. I wouldn't believe it, if I hadn't been there myself. Your "Learning to See" pages turned out great. I've been to the news stand 3 times and still haven't found the new Artful Blogging, :( I'll go again tomorrow. Just mailed a check for Artfest, hubby said we could squeeze it in. Think about it.

Bonita Rose said...

I TOO... wanna attend Journalfest next year.. I just started art journaling, before I never knew it existed.. I so wanna go!! I've been creating tons lately, see my blog here http://alifeunrehearsed2.blogspot.com come and visit.....
hugs.. LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Inspired... Art by Dana said...

Always loving your Art.... BEAUTIFUL work!