Thursday, October 18, 2007

Is 40 Really the new 30?


No REALLY?? So my 40th birthday was Saturday, and what an amazing birthday it was. My hubby flew family out from Phoenix, and my best art buddy and her husband from Memphis!! Amazing!. So he threw me a "Princess Party". Ok, so anyone that knows me, knows that I have never had anything "princess" in my life. That goes for any birthday parties growing up too. Just not my thing. So I ask him a few days before the party, if he has any dollars that I can have to go buy something to wear. After all, it is not everyday a girl turns forty. (Thank you Jesus!) Now, mind you, I have no idea that there is a "theme" to this party. So he says, "Oh I have that taken care of, I already got you something to wear" Now if this does not strike fear into the heart of every woman, who's husband doesn't know exactly what size they wear, she must be a size 4. So this could go either way right? So I did the only thing I could do. Pretended like I didn't hear him, and went to buy a cute pair of jeans. So the day of the party comes, and I am out entertaining folks until early afternoon, and come home to my husband saying "Your outfit is hanging in the bedroom". So I go in to find the coolest princess costume ever!! Complete with elbow length white gloves and tiara. The entire backyard is set up beautifully, with catered food and a DJ (complete with Karaoke!!) So I don my princess outfit, and hit the party!! The caterer asks if I am the birthday girl. I tell him "No, I just like to be the center of attention wherever I go" Silly, of course I am! I am, after all, the princess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww...you look adorable in your princess outfit!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are by far the prettiest
butt-kickin,' karaoke singin,' YMCA dancin,' Princess EVER!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).